We highly recommend using the current version of the Swarm City DApp at https://swarm.city to create new accounts.
Swarm City version 1 was our first draft and is now considered extinct. However, it is still accessible for those who need to use the ARC to SWT conversion tool until we relocate this feature. This version currently has numerous known bugs and issues, and is not being further developed.
Swarm City developers scrapped version 1 and rebuilt a new and improved version 2 that requires their full attention. Please use version 2 at https://swarm.city for optimal DApp performance.
#Pioneer is not accessible in version 2
In Swarm City commerce begins with the individual. In order to create an offer on the Swarm City Boardwalk you will first need to create an identity, which is essentially a digital wallet within the Terminal. A user's wallet holds not only their currency balance, but their reputation as well. As a user successfully transacts on a hashtag, they are minted reputation tokens for that hashtag. Swarm City Reputation (SWR) is stored in thier wallet, is recorded on the blockchain and forever indisputable.
First, create a new user account.
- visit the Swarm City Terminal at https://legacy.swarm.city and follow the prompts to create a new user and backup your digital wallet
Next, you will need some SWT and a small amount of ether in your wallet.
- visit a decentralized currency exchange to get SWT
- send SWT to your Swarm City digital wallet public address
- send ether to the same Swarm City digital wallet public address
- login into your profile.
- click #pioneer
- be sure to allow location services when prompted or you will later be prevented from creating a public offer since offers are sorted by geographical location.
- set the geo filter to worldwide to see all available offers and make your offer visible worldwide, or you can narrow it down to your preferred range.